Disable Firefox plugin container
Disable Firefox media container, Plugin-container Firefox 4, disabling crash protection.
1. How to disable Firefox plugin container
Type about:config in the Firefox address bar and search for ipc in the seachbox at the top of the about:config page.
Right click those ipc entries and set any true values to false and numeric values to 1 in order to disable Firefox plugin container.
That will disable all the container stuff.
More information about Firefox plugin container here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin-container_and_out-of-process_plugins
2. How to disable Firefox plugin container
In about:config, search for dom.ipc and set all boolean values that appear to false. This will disable Firefox’s plugin-container process for all plugins.
More information how to disable Firefox plugin container here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/796191
What is Firefox plugin container
Firefox plugin container isolates Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins from the main browser, so that if one of those plug-ins crashes, your whole browser does not crash. This was done due to the large number of crashes caused by plug-ins.
plugin-container.exe - is an external executable to solve Firefox internal problems.
An out-of-process plugin runs in a separate process named “plugin-container” (“plugin-container.exe” on Windows). The plugin container process is separated from the main Firefox process to ensure that the browser does not crash if any of the plugin stops responding.
In order to help protect users from plugins and plugin scripts that stop responding, Firefox now includes a “hang detector,” which watches for plugins that have stopped working.
Symptoms of the presence of Firefox plugin container / crash protection:
- Ctrl+T fails to open a new tab in Firefox.
- After closing the Firefox some related processes become unresponsive.
- Starting the Firefox returns “Firefox is already running but is not responding.”
- On computer shut down several not responding processes must be ended manually. “End Program” dialogue box.
- After starting the computer Firefox responds with an error message: “Well, this is embarrassing.”
How to permanently disable Firefox plugin container.exe process in Windows.
Web Management - what is Firefox plugin container and how to permanently disable it.